You'll develop knowledge and skills relating to the tax system as applicable to individuals, single companies and groups of companies.
What will I learn?
You’ll be able to:
- explain the operation and scope of the tax system and the obligations of tax payer and/or their agents and the implications of non-compliance
- explain and compute the income tax liabilities of individuals and the effect of national insurance contributions (NIC) on employees, employers and the self-employed
- explain and compute the chargeable gains arising on individuals
- explain and compute the inheritance tax liabilities of individuals
- explain and compute the corporation tax liabilities of individual companies and groups of companies
- explain and compute the effects of value added tax on incorporated and unincorporated businesses.