You'll develop knowledge and skills in the understanding of the general legal framework, and of specific legal areas relating to business, recognising the need to seek further specialist legal advice where necessary.
What will I learn?
You'll be able to:
- identify the essential elements of the legal system, including the main sources of law
- recognise and apply the appropriate legal rules relating to the law of obligations
- explain and apply the law relating to employment relationships
- distinguish between alternative forms and constitutions of business organisations
- recognise and compare types of capital and the financing of companies
- describe and explain how companies are managed, administered and regulated
- recognise the legal implications relating to insolvency law
- demonstrate an understanding of corporate fraudulent and criminal behaviour.